The feature packed SC-LX56 from Pioneer is an absolute monster of an AV receiver. This 9.2-channel THX Select 2 certified AV receiver offers audiophile grade Class D amplification at continuous 170 W output per channel. On top of that, you get MHL for Android, wireless LAN, 4K Pass Through, 4-16 ohm speaker support, 8x HDMI inputs and no fewer than 11 speaker terminals as well as zone 2 capability. Stunning.
The SC-LX56 receiver integrates Pioneer's latest Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology. Cutting edge design and advanced technologies to provide the absolute best audio and video performance.The amplifier section delivers affluent power to all nine channels, providing great detail and high dynamic range, with virtually no loss in performance even with all channels simultaneously driven at full volume.
Pioneer takes room calibration further with Advanced MCACC, which performs 3D calibration by including time axis parameters while automatically compensating for differences in speaker size, output level and distance. With Auto Phase Control Plus, the receiver automatically provides real-time phase matching by continuously analysing the audio input and adjusting the output signals for each individual speaker and subwoofer to compensate for potential lag in the source.
Built in PQLS technology eliminates distortion caused by digital timing errors with HDMI connections, a feature unique to high end Pioneer recievers. In addition to that, for a more realistic audio video experience the SC-LX85 can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected, newly adding "virtual wide" to virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth.
There's an extensive array of configurations available with up to ten different speaker set-ups. You can go for multi-channel audio for a more immersive cinema experience or create a full 5.1 system and use the remaining channels for additional zones, all controllable directly from the receiver and/or portable device running the iControlAV2012 app. Up to three zones can be set up for audio.
Digital Direction with iPod, iPhone
No need for a dock – you can connect your Apple device directly to the receiver. Thanks to the digital connection, you get the best possible audio quality (further enhanced by the Advanced Sound Retriever). Furthermore you can view photos and videos on, and stream apps like YouTube to your TV.
Streaming Audio With AirPlay
Apple's AirPlay lets you stream music from any compatible device connected to your home network. This means you can easily enjoy your iTunes music library through your AV receiver.
Audiophile-level Class D amplification brings you unprecedented power output. Short signal paths ensure impeccable sound and efficient cooling provides superior performance with lower power consumption (-44% vs Analogue Amps). Now with 4-16ohm speaker support.
Built for tomorrow's HD technology
Experience real definition with the latest 4K HDTV specification for ultra-high resolution video. 4K Pass Through ensures you have the most up-to-date technology to take advantage of advanced digital formats.
Connect your Android smartphone with MHL
Stream high-quality video and audio from your Android device using a single cable. Thanks to the MHL-compatible HDMI connection on the front panel, you also can charge your device at any time.
Image optimised for you
Advanced Video Adjust optimises the video signal according to your type of screen or projector. Based on MCACC calibration data, it also adjusts image quality to your distance from the screen. The additional Stream Smoother will reduce block noise and mosquito noise on lower bit rate video content such as YouTube.
Strong Bass & Clear Highs
During Blu-ray Disc/CD playback, Auto Phase Control Plus makes a real-time analysis of the phase difference between the LFE (low frequency effect) and the main signals, and automatically compensates the gap. Elimination of phase lag enhances strong bass and clear high-frequency sound.
Social Listening With Air Jam
Air Jam is a Bluetooth-based app that lets a group of people connect with their iPhones, iPod Touch or iPads and add their songs to the receiver playlist. Participants can see which song was, is or will be playing – a great way to share and discover tunes. Requires iOS 4.2 with iPhone 4/3GS/3G, iPad or iPod touch (2nd gen. or higher).
With the receiver connected to your home network, AVNavigator software makes installing a breeze. Wiring Navi guides you in making the connections with speakers and other devices, and updates the receiver with the appropriate settings, while the interactive manual lets you intuitively explore every feature. AVNavigator is also backed by a free iPad app.
Advanced Video Adjust optimises the video signal according to your type of screen or projector. Based on MCACC calibration data, it also adjusts image quality to your distance from the screen
True Home Cinema
Turn your living room into a cinema with 5.1 HD surround sound. With speakers in the front, rear and middle and and a subwoofer connected, you’ll immerse yourself in a lively film experience.
Intelligent Speaker Calibration
Surround speakers can hardly be ideally positioned. MCACC therefore analyses the existing sound field using a microphone (included), just like a sound professional, and adjusts the sound timings to precision-tune the system to your room.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
If your phone, laptop or tablet is is Bluetooth equipped, you can live stream audio to the receiver (with optional adapter). The Sound Retriever AIR restores sound quality after transmission.
High Defenition Audio
Besides Dolby Pro Logic IIz, the receiver supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio so you can enjoy uncompressed, high-definition audio from Blu-ray discs as well.
Stream From Multiple Devices With DLNA
DLNA is widely supported on PCs, laptops, smartphones and other devices. This receiver being DLNA certified, you can easily stream audio from such a device using your home network.
The Remote Of The Future
iControlAV2 is Pioneer's 2nd-generation app that lets you control all important receiver functions from your smartphone or tablet. Control playback, select an input, adjust listening modes and change sound balance and emphasis from one app. iOS + Android.
Less Jitter, Better Audio
Transmission via HDMI can cause clock jitter, causing sound distortion during the D/A conversion. PQLS “speed synchronises” the digital audio data between the receiver and your matching Pioneer Blu-ray player, reducing the jitter. The result is clear, rich and precise audio.
- Channels: 9
- Amplification Type: Class D3 (Direct Energy HD)
- 720 W Multi ch Simultaneous Drive (1 kHz, THD 1 % @ 8 ohms)
- 210 W/ch (1 kHz, THD 1 % @ 4 ohms)
- 170 W/ch (1 kHz, THD 1 % @ 6 ohms)
- 130 W/ch (1 kHz, THD 0.08 % @ 8 ohms)
- Advanced Direct Construction
- Rigid Trans-Stabilizer
- Insulated Dual Chassis
- THX Select2 Plus Certified
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Pro Logic IIz/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-ES/DTS Neo:X
- Digital Core Engine with Texas Instruments Aureus DSP
- Hi-bit32 Audio Signal Processing/192 kHz/32-bit DAC
- HDMI Audio Return Channel
- Pioneer Advanced MCACC Room Calibration
- 3D Time Axis Measurement
- Polarity Check
- Automatic Crossover Setting
- Reverb Before and After Calibration Results (OSD or AVNavigator)
- Standing Wave Control
- Pioneer Sound Enhancements
- Full Band Phase Control/Auto Phase Control Plus
- PQLS Bit-stream/Multi-Surround/2 ch Audio
- Jitter Reduction
- Auto Sound Retriever/Auto Sound Retriever for ARC
- Sound Retriever AIR
- Sound Retriever Link
- Auto Level Control (Multi-Channel)
- Advanced Surround (15+1 Modes)
- Optimum Surround (Auto Bass, Dialog, and Surround Balancing)
- Virtual Speakers (Wide/Height/Surround Back)
- Virtual Depth
- 4K Pass Through
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc, Broadcast and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit) and x.v.Colour
- 1080p/24fps Scaler with Qdeo
- Triple HD Noise Reduction
- Advanced Video Adjustment
- Stream Smoother/Stream Smoother Link
- Frame Rate Conversion (60i/p 24p)
HOME NETWORK FEATURES
- AirPlay Wireless Audio
- DLNA Certified (1.5)
- Compatible with Windows 7
- Music File Playback via LAN/USB (WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC)
- 192 kHz/24-bit Music File Playback (FLAC/WAV)
- Internet Radio with vTuner
- Digital Audio from iPod/iPhone/iPad via USB
- Android Audio & Video Playback (MHL) Compatible
- iControlAV2012 Remote Control App Ready (iOS/Android)
- AV Receiver and Blu-ray Disc Player Control from Smartphone
- Sound Explorer
- Air Jam App Ready (iOS/Android) (Optional AS-BT200 adapter required)
- Share Music and Create Playlists via Bluetooth® Connection
- Wireless LAN Converter (AS-WL300) included
- Firmware Upgrade via Internet or USB
- AVNavigator for Easy Wiring and Setup with PC or iPad
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) with Album Artwork (HDMI only)
- Auto Power Down
- Power Save for HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 63 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- Learning Remote Control (Illumination)
- RF Remote Control (CU-RF100-U) Ready
- HDMI 1 In (assignable/MHL)
- USB/iPod Video In
- MCACC Setup Mic In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 7 In (6 assignable)/2 Out
- Ethernet 1 In
- AV (Composite) 4 In/1 Out
- Audio 1 In (assignable)
- Digital Coaxial 2 In (assignable)
- Digital Optical 2 In (assignable)/1 Out
- Component Video 2 In (assignable)
- Monitor Component 1 Out/Monitor Composite 1 Out
- Preout 9.1 ch (11.2 ch terminals)
- Speaker 11 ch Out (SB/FH/FW/B, FH or FW/B assignable)
- Bluetooth Adapter Port for AS-BT200
- USB Charge Port for AS-WL300 Wireless Converter
- IR 2 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger x 2/RS-232C
- ZONE 3 Audio, Volume and Balance
- ZONE 2 AV (Composite), Subwoofer, Volume, Balance and Tone
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 330 W/0.1 W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 441 mm
- Weight: 15.3 kg